Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Goodbye Orlando, Hello Boston

4:00 AM Saturday morning came early (especially since I failed to sleep except for a brief 30 minute nap I took before meeting the taxi) and I found myself on the way to the Orlando airport. I was exhausted and sad as I left. I've included some pictures of the friends I've made. Undoubtably, there will be more at some point. Forgive me for not putting captions, but I figure you might like the "Where's Waldo-esq" search for me and others you may know... What an incredible month away! It was hard to leave it behind. Goodbye Orlando!

Flying back into Boston, my dear friends, Alex & Ging picked me up at Logan, brought me flowers, a Starbucks gift card and whisked me away to a fabulous lunch... Does it get any better than that? I have such AMAZING friends. And, I said "Hello" to Boston once again.

I feel like I'm still in a fog of adjustment and realizing, "No, Jess, it is not a dream." (Don't worry, I typically speak of myself in the third person.) It's probably funny to say this, but even in this haze, I can see that I'm changed somehow. God met me in such tremendous ways during my time away. I'm still processing through it, trying to make sense of it, yet enjoying the mystery for the moment.

I'm looking forward to what I'll uncover and as I said in my last post, anxious to share some of that with you. For now, it's good to be home, I am missing my Florida life and friends, and I'm excited to see what God has in store as I, once again, focus on where He has me.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Great pictures. Ryan never looked happier than when he is surrounded by beautiful, single, Christian women.

Emma said...

so i am wondering, do you know brooke faulkner? she works for campus crusade and is from boulder... i think she was working at CU and is moving to Dallas....

Jessica Bott said...

I don't know Brooke, but wonder if she works with the campus ministry? The reason being is that there are many student venture staff in Boulder that I don't know. Thanks for posting a comment. :)

Emma said...

ah... i think student venture... i don't know though. haha. just thought it was a not-so-long shot :)