Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Oh the Joy!

... Of Spring!!! I think today is my favorite yet of this season I'm experiencing here for the first time since my move to Boston. Spring has Sprung (as a friend wrote to me on Facebook the other day) and I couldn't be a lighter more ecstatic participant in the world today. In fact, I just skipped out to Starbucks to add to my joy with a delightfully refreshing Americano (iced, decaf with vanilla and room). I met Marilyn, an apparent "regular" who works up the street and told me that the friends at SBucks know her name and her drink.

I must pause to appreciate that someone else in this city cares about that like I do. :)

There is no menacing humidity in the air, the sun is shining, the sky is clear and people are, well, happy. What difference the weather does make! Upon my return to the office I told my friend that we should forget our to-do lists and work and frolick in the city. Truth be told, I can't do that today, but it is a nice thought worthy of the statement.

Back to work for now, but I'm smiling as I go.

No comments: