Saturday, August 28, 2010

I Came to Leave It

Two days ago I watched as my belongings were loaded onto a truck heading southward. It's hard to believe that I'm closing this chapter on Boston. This is real. Before I know it, I'll be settled in that great new-to-me house and my things will be around me. On a level, that is comforting; it's a sweet thing to feel a sense of familiarity--even when it comes from a connection with inanimate objects. There is a lot of good in my life right now and I'm seeking to daily live with that in mind. Transitions are hard, but life moves on. The tears that welled in my eyes upon landing here Wednesday tell me that I'm still grieving. And, I'll get through this because the Lord has given me hope for the next season of my story.

I'm soaking up today, my last day for a while, in the Bean. Looking back, I don't think I knew that I could ever love it so and I hope to feel that way about Orlando sooner than later. Goodbye, Boston.

1 comment:

Brittany Drennen said...

oh jess. i feel your heart. i have had a few ever so brief moments like this. four years i was there, and you more. that is a long time (and yet it is a short time) and boston is not a place that you can just casually surf through, you live through it. the fact that you are grieving shows signs of life, that you have lived, and are still living.