Friday, August 18, 2006

The Count of Monte Cristo

If you have yet to seize the opportunity to read this classic, I would highly encourage it! I just finished the 1,078-page tale last week and loved it (no abridged version for me). Actually, I already loved the book around page 150 and knew I'd desire to re-read it in the future. I think Dumas is a brilliant story-teller and the themes of justice and mercy were poignant. Let me also add here that the film version falls desperately short in communicating the actual story. I used to like it, in fact, I own it. Upon finishing the book I went back and watched the movie and I'm now thinking of selling it on Amazon... Let me know if you'd be interested in taking it off my hands.

1 comment:

Jessica Bott said...

Thanks. Things here have been really busy, but good. I miss our Florida life and friends though! Tell the K-State friends "Hi!"