Saturday, June 30, 2007

Winding Down

Hard to believe it, but our time (as staff) in Vail is just about to end. It has been the most rewarding, encouraging and refreshing few weeks that I have experienced in quite a while. I feel so grateful to God for the gift he has given me in this summer assignment.

The past few weeks have been full since my last post. We've hiked, rafted, sought to connect with people in the Valley, fasted (story to come in another post), experienced great connection through our men's/women's weekend, shared our faith, prayed and truly, we have seen God move.

In fact, I am taking a minute to type while we wait for our adventure race teams to come back to "home base" - today we've sent students and staff out to do about 30 miles of swimming, hiking, biking and taking part in mental challenges as well. I was along the course for a while and am taking a minute to breathe while they work their way back home. I do like my job. :)

Here are some photos of recent times with these new friends...

Me and Darci out in Vail Village

Jenade, Chance, Me & Darci out in the Village

The women of VSP 2007 - head of the Gore Creek Trail

Candy & Me on the Gore Creek Trail - she's such a sweet student!

Shannon, Lyndsey, Angela and Jo at the Whailer's Concert
Jenade, Chance and Me at the Whailer's Concert

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So yeah I have one these things too haha! anyways that race today was hard but so much fun! Just incase you were wondering...