Friday, August 31, 2007

The Most Important Work

I've just completed the most important work I could have done today. Moments ago, our regional team gathered to pray as a part of our 40 day prayer and fasting focus that began today and ends on October 10th. We are trusting God to open doors like never before for the Gospel to go out on campuses in our region and across the globe.

It occurred to me while we prayed that I was accomplishing more in those 30 minutes than in my entire day of "to-do's." The reality is, however, I typically forget that God hears my prayers and desires to answer as I humbly approach him. I forget that prayer is powerful and that God acts as a result of my prayers.

I'm encouraged by the way God wants me to stand on behalf of others through prayer and fasting. Isaiah 58 is a great place to look to understand his heart. And, I'm excited for the things he has in store as our ministry links arms together to pray and fast with expectant hope that God will act.

Lord, change us. Enable us to humbly walk with you and intercede on the behalf of others that they might know your Son, Jesus. May we see spiritual revival on campuses around the world as we spend time devoted to this most important work. Amen.

No comments: