Sunday, January 11, 2009

Life at Rest?

2009 finds me embarking on a new adventure. No, I'm not planning to move and yes, I am unsure about what I'll be doing a few months from now as I transition away from my current role (in process); but, I am on a new mission I like to call: Jessica Learns How to Rest. And, January 7th marked the beginning of my endeavor. Our winter conference behind me, I suddenly found myself staring the days and weeks ahead in the face and wondering, "Will I actually be able to do this?"

Unaccustomed to a slower pace and actively choosing to have less on my plate, I feel a bit nervous about the future. However, more than ever before in my life, I actually understand that I NEED this. The decision isn't solely a charming flash of pragmatism on my part, but perhaps more significantly appreciated as my opportunity to spread my wings and discover what is true about who I am without all of the clutter. Less is more, if you will.

I'm hopeful that this time will find me living in the "Room of Grace" not in the "Room of Good Expectations" as the authors of a tremendous book called, TrueFaced so eloquently put it. I've lived in the latter for most of my life and honestly, I need to rest from all of my 'good' work. I need the Gospel to penetrate every crevice of my life and heart. I need to experience transformation. And, I need to rest.

We'll see how it goes! I'm sure it will be challenging and surprising.

No comments: