Monday, October 26, 2009

Hope Deferred...

Deferred: withheld for or until a stated time (Merriam-Webster online)

I'm choosing something important right now. My 'positivity' according to StrengthsFinders is an asset, but as I'm experiencing it recently it is a deterrent to my own growth. Disappointments of past and present have surfaced like torpedoes over the past few weeks - I thank the flu for the down time which provided me ample opportunity to think. And think. And Think.

What have I determined to do with my thoughts? Sit in them. Address them. Interview them. Take them to the One who can handle them (whether I believe He wants to or not is another question altogether at the moment).

If you know me, chances are high that you probably would not use "Angry" as an adjective to describe me.

I am angry. My anger comes from disappointment. The disappointment alights from many an unmet expectation.

And, I am sitting in it. It is painful. The outcome looks bleak.

... Makes the heart sick.

No comments: