Tuesday, April 05, 2011

All is Said, Now I'm Done

The rain has washed away
clusters of a thousand thoughts
revealing a spoiled care
and so,
I’m moving on

I’ve said my piece
   to myself
      quietly on car rides
        canopied by lovely trees

Prompted by the beauty of 'being'
Appreciating: I have nothing to prove

I am this

I am not another

He calls it good

Finding release in the surrender
      of hopeful glances, taps, words
           each uprooted quite simply
                   action neglected
                   my hope deferred

But now I choose health
       In place of dis-ease

Palms wide open
     postured to receive

Yet waiting in motion (I cannot shake this directive)
    Around the corner sipping coffee
    Traversing concrete blocks
    Maneuvering myself toward warm sand,
          sweet glimmering vastness of shore and sun
       taking in 
          sights
          sounds
          people
          places
    Laughing until my stomach lurches
   
All the while
living 
this 
life
in a Presence so Abundant
                                  Satisfying
                                           Protecting
                                                       Good

Lost in FRESH considerations

Encountering DELIGHTED faces

Sharing NOVEL moments

that leave me with love,
not breadcrumbs.

1 comment:

Brittany Drennen said...

but now i choose health
in place of dis-ease

what a breath of fresh air this poem is