Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sadness Crept In

Meet me in the sadness
   in this sorrow
    oh, what madness

Hold my fragile heart
  the too familiar breaking
     accompanied with aching

Speak into stark rising fears
    this longing moment
     subdue my tears

Firmly plant such wayward feet
     prone to run
      escape before I'd come undone

Bring me to Your joy and rest
     help me breathe
      embrace what You deem best

Cause this wobbly heart to settle
     slow its pace
      lean into Your strength and grace

Love me in this sadness
     a silly sorrow
      oh sweet, known madness.

3 comments:

Brittany Drennen said...

Jessica i love this. there is such a writer in you wanting out. also, i like the way you used repetetive words throughout the poem, it added to the emotional affect... you wouldn't want to do that in every poem but in this one it was well played. more!

Jessica Bott said...

Thank you, my dear. VERY encouraging words for this girl that debated even posting such a thing. I appreciate you...

Brittany Drennen said...

well i debate most of my posts, it always feels so personal but i am also finding that posting what is on your heart makes way for other things..