Monday, December 05, 2011

Reason 1.85 Million I Know God Loves Me

Peanut butter and dark chocolate, I mean, four words that make me remember God's love for me in a low key way. Today, I had such a hankering for a rich treat and I knew I'd be disappointed if I didn't eat something that satisfied it. But there is always a risk; often, the craving leads you in a direction and you buy something that doesn't measure up and then it's sad, right? : )

Well, I had to run to the chiropractor a little while ago and all day I kept thinking about chocolate cake. I knew that I didn't want to take the time to make one (and I know that THAT one would be perfect!), so I was considering other options.

By the way, isn't it nice that this took over my thought-life today?

Back to the topic at hand... I went to the chiropractor and as I walked in I saw Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (Go Colorado!) just to the right of the office. And, after my adjustment, I laughed at myself thinking here I was having done something good for my body and now, well, welcome sugar!! I quickly made my way next store and discovered an enormous dark chocolate peanut butter cup. Let's just say my craving and a little over five dollars is gone. (As is seventy-percent of that deliciousness...)

Even better, I was cleaning out the trunk of my car when I got home (moving around for a few months has a way of helping one gather piles of things) and came across a box of papers and cards. Filtering through the items, I found a Publix receipt and wrapped therein: seven dollars! I made money today. Not too shabby!

Happy Monday, world. I think the week is looking up.

No comments: