Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chocolate Cake

My friend, Ryan recently blogged about his love of pie and it got me thinking... While I like pie, there is something I love even more... Chocolate Cake! I was craving chocolate cake a few weeks back and in my attempts to satisfy my tastebuds, tried some here, tried some there. I was disappointed every time. But, last week, my roommate decided to make a box version and I made some homemade frosting to complete it. Let me just tell you, it was fabulous.

You'd think that having chocolate cake for a week would take care of the craving. Oh, I wish it were so! Last night I had some friends over for some NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament action, lasagna & of course, chocolate cake! I pulled out the "big guns" - Grandma B's famous (at least in our family) Chocolate Oil Cake recipe complete with out of this world chocolate icing. We weren't disappointed. And, it made me wonder, "Why would I choose Betty, Pillsbury, or anyone else over Grandma?" Homemade is insanely good.

Later in the evening after the guests had gone, my roommate and I sat on the couch enjoying more cake. We wondered aloud to each other, "What is there like chocolate cake?!" I mean, it's so dense, rich, and chocolately um, um good! Candy, cookies, really, every other type of sweet treat doesn't provide anything close to what chocolate cake has to offer. We even entertained the idea of buying a glass enclosed cake "holder" so we could have fresh chocolate cake every week! You never know. : )

Pie is good, but there is nothing like an amazing, homemade CHOCOLATE CAKE!

I love chocolate cake.

No comments: