Friday, October 27, 2006

Blizzard!

Well, not here in Boston, but back in Colorado my parents are reporting around THREE FEET of snow in their yard. Wow! I must admit, I'm a little jealous. Tomorrow the Boston area is expecting heavy rain and high winds... I think I'd rather it snow. I was supposed to head to the Cape with some friends, but needless to say, we're rescheduling.

It has been a great few weeks though. I am in my busy, busy season and have been working a lot, but I'm excited for the upcoming conferences. It will be encouraging to see the way that God moves in the lives of our students and staff in the next two months.

And, last week, I was excited to get down to New York to spend time with our team there. I enjoyed connecting with three new staff women and just listening as they unpacked their experience thus far in reaching students. Oh, how I remember those early days on campus (not that I'm THAT old or anything, but it seems like a long time ago). I sympathized with them as I remembered how difficult it can be to find balance in the midst of life -- I was thankful for the opportunity to get to know them. It was a great trip.

No comments: