Saturday, June 15, 2013

There

It towers in the distance
once I belonged to it
now a simple, striking monument
warm with white
reflecting sun and moon
whispering of days gone by
stirring my vision onward

Grounded atop old marsh fields
it sits patiently there for me now
a poignant placard encased in beauty
above, the sky proclaims, "Bigger"
in soft, bold characters
tender with confidence

I hardly notice in daylight
flying by into this or that
the stars shine and the moon rises
lights glisten in the distance
I see it then
standing in a brood delightful
my eyes shift from here to there

There my calling beckons
Here I lose my sight
"Lift your eyes; yes, remember..."
Look upon it, see
A promise, privilege, gift

It slumbers while I dream awake
my emotions fill the vast expanse of sky
one by one, I tuck each consideration away
pondering Glory in my heart
holding this memory stone in my gaze.

No comments: