Sunday, December 29, 2013

Conversations

A little while ago, the Lord and I had this conversation...

Me:
How did you do it Lord? How did you forgive us?

Him:
"I had compassion on you... You really did not know what you were doing. You didn't know the extent of My love for you and the joy I had when I made you. You didn't know the brokenness you were living out. You didn't know the way you were hurting Me, yourself and others. You didn't get it because You couldn't see the full picture of what your sin cost you. I could see it and it moved Me to compassionately fulfill what you could not. I bore your debt because I loved you. I forgave you because I loved you. I wanted to set you free into the things I really made you for -- life and love and relationship."

I'm grateful for His compassion. I'm thankful I have a model to follow when it comes to forgiveness because His way is better than mine. I pray for the ability to do as He did. Forgive myself. Forgives others.

No comments: