Sunday, March 09, 2014

What He Says

I've been thinking a lot this week about believing God. He has given me many opportunities to practice listening to His voice above the voices of people these past few years. In this arena, the challenge for me comes when those people happen to be close to me.

What I've been learning is this: He tells me to place my trust in Him alone. He invites me into depth and intimacy in ways others might not ever understand. The risks He asks me to take and the decisions He invites me to make won't make sense to everyone. He and I have a really sweet relationship that way, actually. I'm really grateful for the way He works with me. It's a gift in my life.

So, at the end of the day I know that as I follow after Him, I genuinely don't need to worry about the opinions of those who don't see it as I do. They may never get it and honestly, it's okay because the most critical thing is that I choose to believe Him. No matter what.

No comments: