Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sunday

I guess I wish I had the courage to say
how strange it continues to be that Sunday meant more than Saturday
or the Friday the month before
or the Wednesday before that

Because here I am
living life, practically around the corner
having released something which hindered
only to find it's all that really mattered to you

not me
just me not being there

There's so much more to me than that space in time
so much more than what I offered there and what I left behind

but all that seems to matter to you is Sunday
forget Saturday and how I stood available a room away
open for conversation and actual friendship

I've offered it time and again
you wave me away, dismiss me
put it in my court
"If you want to talk about it..." you say

the thing is, I talked for two years
making an approach time and again
offering, hopeful, receptive, inviting
and no, certainly not perfectly
but trying

and three days later, all that's on your mind is Sunday...

So sadly, words fail me -- what to offer you?...
a couple keyboard characters will have to do.

No comments: