Friday, May 05, 2006

Mile High Love




Ah, Colorado! What a lovely place it is! Several weeks ago I wasn't super enthusiastic about my upcoming trip. I know it sounds ridiculous, after all, it is Colorado, but two weeks away from Boston seemed long, especially when I'll be away for a good portion of the summer. But, as they say, timing is everything. My last few weeks have been so crazy, especially in preparation for this excursion and at the beginning of this week, I suddenly felt ready to go.

I'm excited to get out of Massachusetts for a couple of weeks and see family, friends and the amazing Rockies! There is something about going to a place that is most familiar, a place where you don't have to think about where you're going because you know it well, you know people and are known by them. It is refreshing to simply be there.

My schedule will be demanding though as I'm trusting the Lord to connect me with new partners in ministry. I've felt encouraged as I have continued to work diligently for this trip. God is so faithful and has opened new doors, giving me opportunities to share what he is doing through my ministry here in the Northeast. I've seen such willingness on the part of friends there to help me and to meet with me. I'm very grateful. God is good.

The second "leg" of my journey lands me in Northern California visiting my sweet Grandparents. I haven't seen them for several years and it is always a treat. I'm looking forward to this most unscheduled and relaxing few days. I get to travel with my parents and have some good time with them, too. That's really fun!

I am working on an article on "community" and might post it here in the next couple of days, but other than that, not so sure when I'll be blogging... So, until later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you weren't excited about coming home UNTIL you remembered how great I am and changed your mind. That had to be it. I just can't believe that I chose Europe over a road trip with you, mom, and dad. Crazy Jackie...