Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Amazing Grace: The Movie

Yesterday I viewed a screening of "Amazing Grace," a film detailing the life of William Wilberforce and his plight to abolish slavery in the British Empire. The story was moving and inspiring. It caused me to consider how an ordinary person, passionate for a cause, can change the course of history. It was interesting to see the way John Newton's redemption (a former slave trader who repented and turned to Christ) was later used to build a strong argument against the slave trade, as well. His story starkly contrasts that of William Wilberforce, yet both men used their unique place in life to make a lasting impact. Two stories intertwined.

Prior to the screening, we learned that human trafficking is at an all time high today. Shocking news, when I really think about it. And, something to consider: Lord, what would you have me do with the passions you've given me and the position in which you've placed me?

Please see and support this film. www.amazinggracemovie.com

No comments: