Saturday, April 20, 2013

Shifting

My head feels a little foggy this morning as I'm waking up into the day. What a week it has been. Today marks the start of a process to sort through belongings, make decisions about what stays and what goes, so I can be lighter on the journey ahead. I'm excited as I consider the prospect of it. Home is important to me, but Jesus is my home. So much of me wants to belong here, but it is not happening in the way I hoped. I belong to Him.

Last night, I hosted a celebration for a season of small groups just coming to a close. We heard stories of hardship, growth and God's movement. Afterwards, I sat with one of the couples--we needed to watch something on YouTube (very important stuff). I've always enjoyed them, though I don't know them very well yet. I noticed something... I'm myself with them. I'm me! The quirky, ridiculously chatty, dreamer, vision-caster came out. I laughed so hard and shared my heart so freely. I thought I was going to burst! What a gift. We talked about the Kingdom and all of the things God is up to. We talked about the pictures He has given us, the way He's let us "in", giving us eyes to see what He is doing. We talked about the things we still don't know. It was awesome.

As they left, I felt the Lord speaking over me... "See... you do belong here... I'm putting you with the people you need to run with..." And, it was the third time this week He said it to me. He's shifting my idea of team (I'm finally listening). He's shifting my idea of home (again). He's shifting and expanding my idea of church (even more).

I'm thankful.

No comments: