Sunday, January 05, 2014

Walking in Thankfulness

In the midst of some hardship, I was reminded today to walk in thankfulness. There are so many good things in my life and as I'm up at this late hour (again), I thought I'd share the moments I feel most thankful for today. I'm thankful:
  • I was able to sleep in -- a luxury my friends with kids don't often have.
  • The Lord loves me exactly as I am in this moment, on this day.
  • New paint and a fresh perspective in my home and bedroom.
  • My roommate and I had time to catch up on life a bit today. I was vulnerable and shared how I'm really doing.
  • I finished my Christmas cards (at last!). They were delivered late and I'm grateful to have so many people to send them to -- God has blessed me with many people in my life.
  • I enjoyed a movie with a friend today. Thankful for her presence in my life.
  • Took a night-time nap before heading out again. I feel grateful for the chance to rest more in the midst of reoccurring exhaustion.
  • Headed out on the town with some favorite girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. I laughed SO much tonight, danced and enjoyed the opportunity to reconnect. I felt loved and seen by them.
  • Stopped by another party on the way home and felt so loved there, too -- some friends expressed a genuine excitement to see me and I just loved being with them even for a short time.
  • One of the friends at the last party reminded me that there is a place for me in my church community. He told me I was missed and would be happy when I came back. There really aren't words for how much our interaction and his words meant to me. It's so hard to think about going back there right now, but I felt encouraged to be present where I'm at and reengage when I'm ready. His encouragement truly bolstered me.
Thankful.


No comments: