Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Morning

Today I listened to a guy tell a group of people how being known in real relationship with other people is key, growing in awareness of self and getting help have brought health, and choosing rest, while not easy, is a good decision. (The latter two struck a significant chord with me in particular.) I must say, and I don't say this often about guys I encounter, I was impressed. And, I know I don't know his whole story--so take this as a 'skimming the surface' offering. Nonetheless, I was so encouraged to hear what he had to say.

Additionally, I found myself typing questions, not quotes, as I listened. His thoughts created space for me to think through a bigger picture perspective on a few things like this one: What does it mean to me to be brave? Rarely do I walk away from a talk with a further need to consider deeper things (I often walk away with new ideas or perspectives, but this felt more like a soul-digging endeavor).

It was good and I'm glad I made the time to go.


No comments: