Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Other People's Parents

Tonight I'm feeling thankful for parents in my life who happen to belong to other people. One such person called me back after I left him a work-related message today and honestly, I'm pretty moved by his kindness and love. He and his wife have been in my life over the past couple of years, but more recently we spent a couple months seeing each other weekly. Though we have different perspectives on a good amount of things, I always appreciate his candor and his questions.

When my friends were in the process of waiting for their little one back in the late summer and all that was involved in that process, he and his wife reached out often to check on me, let me know they were praying for me and my friends and the baby, and sat with me in my sadness after she left us. They constantly moved toward me and it has continued to mean so much.

Our conversation tonight was no exception. On the message, I'd indicated some upcoming changes I am stepping into and as soon as I answered the phone, he wanted to hear more about it. Before we got to the 'business stuff' he took time to care about me as a person and encouraged me as I shared my news. I got teary as we talked and just realized again how blessed I am by this sweet friendship. It's an honor to have him in my life. Truly, an honor.

No comments: